It’s Tuesday!! From now on, that means a new recipe up on the blog. If you want to make sure you get notified of new posts, subscribe for email notifications on the sidebar of the home page. I have a bunch of tasty recipes coming up over the next few weeks, so stay tuned! This recipe is something I put together a couple of years ago and have been making it ever since. Marinating the salmon removes the fishy taste, and this turns even the biggest salmon haters into salmon lovers. Another awesome thing to note when reading this recipe, is that how to cook the salmon is the same for all of my salmon recipes. I often change up the marinades, but always cook it the same and it comes out perfect and flaky every time!
For reference, this recipe serves 2 people, as 1/2 lb of salmon is one serving. The worst part about making salmon is the skin… ew! If you purchase it from the seafood counter at your local grocery store, you can ask them to remove it for you, which makes this recipe even simpler! Enjoy making this delicious, easy dish and let me know how you like it!!
- 1 lb Salmon
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- 1 tbs Light Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Salmon will need to marinate 1-2 hours before cooking
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients for the marinade
- Remove skin off of salmon. Another option is to ask the seafood counter at the grocery store to remove it for you!
- Cut 1 lb salmon filet into two servings and place in a plastic zip lock bag
- Pour marinade into bag and make sure it is covering salmon
- Remove as much air as you can from the bag, and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Line a baking sheet with foil
- Remove salmon from the bag and place into the dish
- Spoon 1 spoonful of marinade over each piece
- Place salmon in a COLD oven and then turn to 400 degrees
- Immediately turn timer to 25 minutes
- Perfect salmon every time!
- Serve with a lemon wedge to squeeze on top