Happy Tasty Tuesday!! As the Thanksgiving prep begins, I wanted to share my absolute favorite Pumpkin Pie recipe with y’all! I whip this bad boy up every year for Thanksgiving and it is always a big hit. The recipe calls for cream cheese, which makes it sooo much better than a traditional pumpkin pie. The recipe is so simple, and can be made by anyone, even if you’re not a baker! Enjoy!
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 1 piece of pre-made pie dough down into a (9-inch) pie pan and press down along the bottom and all sides. Pinch and crimp the edges together to make a pretty pattern, or make it flat so that you can put on cut leaves like mine!
- Using a fork, poke holes at the bottom and sides of the pie crust. This helps it to not puff up.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, and set out to cool.
- For the filling, in a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add the pumpkin and beat until it is combined. Add the sugar and salt, and beat until combined. Add the eggs mixed with the yolks, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until combined.
- Finally, add the vanilla, cinnamon, and ginger, and beat until the filling is completely mixed.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and bake for 50 minutes, or until the center is set. You will know it is done when you shake the pan slightly and the pie no longer jiggles. Place the pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. If you put it in the fridge, it will crack!
- Serve, and enjoy with whipped cream!