Happy Tuesday!! This week I am launching a new weekly blog post called “Tasty Tuesday”. Each Tuesday I will share a recipe. There was an overwhelming amount of people who responded to a recent poll I did, requesting weekly recipes! I love being in the kitchen, and creating and adapting recipes. I have so many to share, and can’t wait to do so!
For this week, I want to share how to whip up these amazing, and super easy chicken taco bowls!! The “salsa” is my favorite part of this dish… sometimes I like to just eat it by the spoonful. Oops! I am going to type up this recipe for 2 servings, but if you need more, it is very easy to double. Below is an easy to download PDF version of the recipe.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tbs minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and Pepper
Avocado and Corn Salsa
- 1/2 cup sweet corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for chicken marinade. Remove 2 tablespoons and reserve for later.
- Place raw chicken breasts in a zip lock bag. Pour marinade on top of chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill, or another option is to cook chicken on the stovetop.
- Before cooking chicken, begin rice preparation as chicken will take about 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill or cook on stove top for 6-10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- When chicken is cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, prepare that yummy salsa! In a bowl, combine corn, diced avocado, diced onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt & pepper.
- Finally, assemble bowl. Start by placing rice on the bottom. Then add sliced chicken and top with half of remaining marinade that was set aside earlier. Add salsa, and any other suggested toppings.