I hope your week has been great so far. Tomorrow’s Thursday which means we are so close to the weekend.. thank goodness! Tonight I wanted to share an absolutely delicious recipe with you.
Over the past week and a half, I have started working out and really trying to eat healthy. Giving up that Dr. Pepper has been the hardest for me.. so the bikini bod better be worth it!! This meal is seriously so easy, so do not be discouraged or intimidated by how delicious it looks. I promise you can do it. Before sharing the recipe, I want to tell you about THE BEST crock pot hack of all time.
Potato Crock Pot Hack
Cooking a potato in the crock pot is so simple, and cuts down your recipe time so much. In order to do this all you have to do is the following…
- Plug in crock pot (easy I told you)
- Rinse your potato or potatoes and do not pat dry. Place in crock pot
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low OR cook for 2-3 hours on high
Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potato
2 sweet potatoes
1 lb of extra lean ground turkey
1/4 cup chicken broth
Spice mix (see below)
Option 1 // Spice Mix
2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Option 2 // Store Bought Spice Mix
For this option, any store bought “Chicken Fajita or Taco” seasoning can be used.
- Prepare sweet potatoes using crock pot method. Check with fork to make sure they are tender
- In a large pan, brown turkey meat. This should take about 5 minutes.
- While the turkey meat is cooking, prepare toppings, ex. cutting avocado and cilantro
- Once the turkey meat is cooked through, add spices and chicken broth. Turn heat to low and stir. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the potato. My favorite way to layer the ingredients is in this order. Turkey meat, sour cream dollop, avocado, cilantro and then top off with feta cheese and a little bit of lime juice.